- Dismantle key mechanism.
- Thorough cleaning, appropriate treatment of specific surfaces: ebony,
rosewood, maple, brass, nickel silver, nickel, steel, silver, gold.
- Adjust loose mechanisms, replace rods or cut point setscrews, ergonomic
modifications to order.
- Replace flat and needle springs, tenon corks, key corks, felts and pads.
- Check posts and raised & tapered tone holes.
- Repair cracks and splits with a splint (a sliver of wood of the same
species inlaid along the grain).
- Silver solder (key arms, spatulas, cups, etc.) on broken or worn keys.
- Dent removal on bodies, bells and necks, adjustments, modifications.
- Oehler systems welcome.